How do I fix This action couldn’t be performed error in Microsoft Office?
Before proceeding with any advanced troubleshooting steps, we recommend you go through the following preliminary checks:
- Close the Office client and restart your computer to resolve temporary issues interfering with its performance.
- Try terminating any add-ins or plugins you have installed in Office.
- Ensure you have the latest updates installed for your Office application.
- Turn off background apps and stop antivirus or security software running on your computer.
- Update Windows to fix the system’s performance bugs and add new features to resolve compatibility problems.
1. Repair Office suite
- Press the Windows + R key, type appwiz.cpl, and press Enter to open the Programs and Features.
- Scroll to Microsoft Office, right-click on it, and select Change.
- Select Online Repair and click not the Repair button
- Select Repair from the Ready to Start an Online Repair dialog box.
- Wait for the complete process and restart your PC.
2. Delete the nonexistent Debugger value in the Image File Execution subkey
- Press the Windows+ R button to open the Run dialog box, type in regedit, and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to the following path:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options
- Delete the registry keys for Word, Excel, Outlook, and other Office apps prompting the error.
- Restart your PC and check if the error appears on Microsoft Office.
3. Reinstall Office
- Press the Windows, type installed apps, and launch it.
- Navigate to Microsoft Office, click the options icon, and click Uninstall
- Then, select Uninstall to confirm your selection.
- Then, go to the Office webpage, log in to your Microsoft account if not logged in, and click the Install app button.
- Double-click the downloaded file in your browser and follow the on-screen command to install it
However considering you have already purchased Restoro and would like us to assist you in doing that utilizing a remote session, please contact our support and they will be happy to help you.
- Email: email@example.com