How to Fix Black and White Squares on the Computer Screen?
Check the Cable Connections:
- Make sure that all cables connecting your computer to the monitor are securely plugged in. Loose or damaged cables can cause display problems.
Restart Your Computer:
- Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve minor software glitches causing display issues.
Update Graphics Drivers:
- Outdated or corrupted graphics drivers can lead to display problems. Visit the website of your graphics card manufacturer and download the latest drivers for your graphics card.
Check for Loose Graphics Card:
- If you have a dedicated graphics card installed, ensure it is properly seated in its slot on the motherboard.
Boot in Safe Mode:
- Restart your computer in Safe Mode. If the issue doesn't persist in Safe Mode, it might be caused by a third-party software or driver. Try uninstalling or updating recently installed software or drivers.
Test with a Different Monitor or Cable:
- Connect your computer to a different monitor or use a different video cable to rule out the possibility of a faulty monitor or cable.
Adjust Display Settings:
- Right-click on the desktop and select "Display Settings" (Windows) or go to "System Preferences" > "Displays" (macOS). Make sure the display settings are configured correctly.
Check for Overheating:
- Overheating components, especially the graphics card, can lead to display issues. Ensure that your computer is adequately cooled and that fans are working properly.
Check for GPU Issues:
- Run a diagnostic tool to check for graphics card issues. Many graphics card manufacturers provide diagnostic tools that can help identify problems.
Scan for Malware and Viruses:
- Malware and viruses can sometimes cause display issues. Run a full system scan using reliable antivirus software to ensure your system is clean.
- If you recently made significant changes to your computer (e.g., software installations, updates) and the problem started after that, consider performing a system restore to a point when the computer was working correctly.
- If you are comfortable with hardware troubleshooting, you can open the computer case and inspect the internal components for loose connections, dust, or signs of damage.
However considering you have already purchased Restoro and would like us to assist you in doing that utilizing a remote session, please contact our support and they will be happy to help you.
- Email: email@example.com