How to run Firefox when your profile is missing or inaccessible
If you moved, renamed, or deleted your Firefox profile folder
Firefox stores your user data and settings in a special profile folder and pulls information from this folder every time you start Firefox. The default profile folder location is under the %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles folder.
Profile was moved or renamed
If you know where your profile is, try one of the following methods to help Firefox find it.
- Move the profile folder back to its original location.
- Restore the profile's original name if you've changed it.
- Create a new profile using the Profile Manager using the instructions to start the Profile Manager when Firefox is closed. Give it a descriptive name, click on the 'Choose Folder' button, and then select the profile folder you moved or renamed, before you finish the Create a new profile wizard.
Profile was deleted
If you deleted or lost your profile folder and have no way of restoring it, use one of these methods to create a new Firefox profile:
- Method 1: Use the Profile Manager wizard
Follow the steps in the Profile Manager - Create, remove or switch Firefox profiles article to create a new profile.
- Method 2: Manually delete the profiles.ini file
If you have problems accessing the Profile Manager, you can create a new default Firefox profile by deleting the profiles.ini file, using these steps:
- Click on the Windows Start button or press the Windows key to open the Start Menu.
- Type %appdata% (as you type, a Windows search will start) and press the Enter key. The hidden AppData\Roaming folder will open.
- Double-click the Mozilla folder.
- Double-click the Firefox folder.
- Delete (or rename, for example, to profiles.iniOLD) the profiles.ini file.
When you start Firefox, a new profile will be created.
However considering you have already purchased Restoro and would like us to assist you in doing that utilizing a remote session, please contact our support and they will be happy to help you.