Fix Update Error 0x800f0988 on Windows 11 & 10
1. Clean up the WinSxS folder
- Press the Windows key + S and type cmd in the search box.
- Right-click on Command Prompt to select Run as administrator.
- Now type the command below and press Enter:
dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
- Restart your computer after the command has cleared the WinSxS folder.
In Windows 10, you have several ways to perform the cleanup of the WinSxS folder. We’ve selected the easiest one and described the procedure above, so don’t hesitate to apply the given steps.
2. Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Type troubleshoot in the Windows search box.
- Click Troubleshoot settings to open the Windows troubleshooter.
- Select the Additional troubleshooters option.
- Click on Windows Update.
- Finally, click the Run the troubleshooter button.
3. Reset the Windows Update Components
- Open the Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Type the commands below and press Enter after each:
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
- Now, enter the commands below and press Enter after each:
ren C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 Catroot2.old
- Finally, run the commands below to restart the services:
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
However considering you have already purchased Restoro and would like us to assist you in doing that utilizing a remote session, please contact our support and they will be happy to help you.
- Email: email@example.com