How can I fix the blue screen reference_by_pointer error?
Check your antivirus
Your antivirus is quite important, but sometimes it can interfere with Windows and cause an error to appear.
To fix the problem, it’s advised to disable your antivirus and check if that solves the issue.
If the issue persists, your next step would be to remove the antivirus software.
Uninstalling the antivirus isn’t always enough, so it’s a good idea to use a dedicated uninstaller tool to completely remove it.
Most antivirus companies offer dedicated uninstallers for their software, so be sure to download one for your antivirus.
After removing your antivirus, check if the problem is resolved. If the issue was caused by your antivirus, it’s advised to switch to a different antivirus solution.
Remove problematic software
- Press Windows key + R and enter msconfig.
- Press Enter or click OK to run it.
- Once the Windows Configuration window opens, select Selective Startup and uncheck Load startup items.
- Go to the Services tab and check Hide all Microsoft services.
- Now click the Disable all button.
- Go to the Startup tab and click on Open Task Manager.
- Right-click each item on the list and choose Disable from the menu.
- After you disable all startup items, go back to the System Configuration window and click on Apply and OK.
Reinstall Windows 10 and format your hard drive partition
Users reported reference_by_pointer BSOD error while playing video clips in Windows Media Player.
According to a few users, this error can be fixed by reinstalling Windows 10 and formatting your hard drive partition.
This is a drastic solution, and we urge you to try any other different solution before you decide to reinstall Windows 10.
You might have to install the OS on a flash drive first and then boot your broken computer from this USB.
Check your hardware
Reference_by_pointer and many other Blue Screen of Death errors are often caused by your hardware, and if you installed any new hardware recently, be sure that you remove it or replace it.
However considering you have already purchased Restoro and would like us to assist you in doing that utilizing a remote session, please contact our support and they will be happy to help you.
- Email: email@example.com