How to Setup/Connect to a Computer Network
Nowadays, setting up a computer Network can be as easy as 1, 2, 3, however with certain advancements with newer version of Operating System and network technology, we still need to know the basics as follows:
Using a Wireless Network on Windows
- If Wi-Fi is currently disabled, click the Wi-Fi button in the lower-left side of the pop-up window before proceeding.
- In some cases, you'll need to click the ^ icon in the lower-right side of the screen to see the Wi-Fi icon.
- Select a network. Click the network to which you want to connect each of your network computers.
- Click Connect. It's in the lower-right side of the network's name box.
Using a Wired Network on Windows
- Make sure that you have the necessary hardware. You'll need an Internet source (e.g., a router) into which you can plug each individual computer, as well as Ethernet cables to connect the computers to the Internet source.
- Set up the Internet source. Plug one end of an Ethernet cable into the "Internet" port on the back of the modem, then connect the other end of the cable to the "Internet" or "Ethernet" port on your Internet source.
- Plug each computer into the Internet source. Attach one end of an Ethernet cable to the square Ethernet port on your computer, then attach the other end of the cable to the Internet source.
- Open Start. Click the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Type in control panel. Doing so will search your computer for the Control Panel app.
- Click Control Panel. It's a blue rectangle icon at the top of the Start menu.
- Click Network and Sharing Center. This option resembles a set of blue monitors.
- Click Change advanced sharing settings. It's a link in the upper-left side of the page.
- Check the "Turn on network discovery" box. This will ensure that your computer can interact with other computers that are plugged into the Internet source.
- Click Save changes. It's at the bottom of the page.
- Enable network discovery on the other network computers. Once each computer in the networked group has network discovery enabled in Control Panel, your wired network will be ready to use.
However considering you have already purchased Restoro or you are someone who is in need of assistance in setting or connecting to a new or existing Network, please contact our support and they will be happy to help you.