How do I fix error 0x80073701 when installing the Windows 10 update?
1. Run the Windows Update troubleshooter
- Click the Start button and select Settings.
- Choose Update & Security.
- Click on Troubleshoot from the left pane and select Additional troubleshooters from the right.
- Click on Windows Update and hit the Run the troubleshooter button.
- The troubleshooter might then provide some resolutions. You can press the Apply this fix button to apply a suggested resolution.
The Windows Update troubleshooter is a built-in system tool for fixing Windows update bugs. So that might come in handy for fixing error 0x80073701.
2. Run Deployment Image Servicing and System File scans
- Press the Start button.
- Type cmd and select Run as administrator.
- Execute the command and press Enter:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After the process ends, type the following command to launch the SFC scan and press Enter:
- Wait until the process finishes, then restart Windows if the SFC scan does repair files.
Error 0x80073701 might be due to corrupted system files. We recommend using the Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool to repair them.
The System File Checker also repairs corrupted system files, which will be beneficial to run.
3. Restart the Windows Update service
However considering you have already purchased Restoro and would like us to assist you in doing that utilizing a remote session, please contact our support and they will be happy to help you.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org