Ways to Fix Your Connection to This Site is Not Secure
What does it mean when your connection is not secure?
When your browser shows that the connection is not secure, it points to an issue with the website’s SSL certificate, which basically indicates that the connection is not encrypted.
In most cases, the website either doesn’t have a security certificate, it’s expired, or has not been correctly set up. And connections to these sites are generally deemed risky since your data might be compromised or misused.
However, it could be a temporary issue and resolved within some time. In case you don’t see the error code automatically disappear, try the solutions listed in the next section.
How do I fix Chrome connection is not secure?
1. Check if your date and time are correct
- Press Windows + S to open the Search menu, enter Change date and time and click on the relevant search result.
- Now, click on the Change button.
- Next, set the correct date and time using the various dropdown menu, and click on Change.
2. Disable your antivirus software
3. Clear the browsing data
- Launch Chrome and press Ctrl + Shift + Del to open the Clear browsing data utility.
- Click on the Time range dropdown menu, and select All time.
- Now, select all the options listed here, and click Clear data.
4. Check your certificates
- Press Windows + S to launch the Search menu, enter Internet Options in the text field, and click on the relevant search result.
- Navigate to the Content tab.
- Click the Clear SSL state button.
5. Restart your router
- Press the Power button on your router (if you have a separate modem and router, you should turn off your modem as well).
- After turning off your modem, wait for about 30 seconds.
- Now press the power button again to start your router/modem.
- Wait while the device boots. Once your router reboots, check if the problem is still there.
Sometimes the Your Connection to This Site is Not Secure error message can appear due to problems with your router. To fix those problems you just have to restart your router.
This is a quick and easy solution, but it might not be permanent, so you’ll have to repeat it if the problem reappears.
However considering you have already purchased Restoro and would like us to assist you in doing that utilizing a remote session, please contact our support and they will be happy to help you.