"Temporary Profile" when logged in on the computer
There could be several reasons why Windows loads temp profile. Usually there is a delay in loading the profile. Profile could get corrupted, but loading of profile could get delayed due the anti virus programs, some service not responding or any other operation which prevents loading of the profile. When a temporary profile loads for the first time, it will continue to do so. From that point forward a user will always log in with the temp profile.
Disabling the anti-virus on the computer can fix this error, please do the following:
- From the temporary user profile, press Windows + R to open Run
- Type services.msc, then click OK
- Look for Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection and Microsoft Defender Antivirus services
- Right-click each of them, select Properties and change Startup Type to Disabled
- Click OK and restart your computer
Should the above instructions did not resolve the issue, please don't hesitate to contact us so we can further assist you. You can always reach us out through our support channels below:
Please note that if the computer and/or the user is administered by a certain domain, we need to check if the profile is deemed limited, if there are any, to any group policy and or network security.