How can I fix Print Spooler error 0x800706b9
1. Update your printer drivers
2. Check your system for malware
3. Create a new user account
4. Modify your registry
- Press Windows Key + R and enter regedit.
- Navigate to the following key in the left pane (if you want, you can export this key and use it as a backup in case anything goes wrong after modifying the registry):
- In the right pane, double-click the DependOnService.
- Now delete http from the Value data field and click OK.
After making these changes, restart your PC and check if the problem is still there.
Several users reported that this method worked for them, so you might want to try it out. Just be cautious while modifying the registry and create a backup just in case.
5. Reset winsock
6. Run the Printer troubleshooter
- Open the Settings app and go to the Update & Security section.
- Select Troubleshoot from the menu on the left.
- Go to Printer and click Run the troubleshooter button.
- The troubleshooting process will now start. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete it.
After the troubleshooting is finished, check if the problem with your printer is resolved. A troubleshooter might not be the most effective solution, but if you have some minor glitch in your system, you can fix it using this solution.
7. Stop the Print Spooler service
- Press Windows Key + R and enter services.msc.
- Locate Print Spooler service on the list, right-click it, and choose Stop from the menu.
- Minimize the Services window.
- Now open File Explorer and paste the following in the address bar:
- When the confirmation message appears, click Continue.
- Once you enter the PRINTERS folder, delete all files from it and close File Explorer.
- Go back to the Services window, right-click Print Spooler service, and choose Start from the menu.
After doing that, the problem should be resolved and you’ll be able to print again without any issues.
However considering you have already purchased Restoro and would like us to assist you in doing that utilizing a remote session, please contact our support and they will be happy to help you.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org