What can I do if my laptop’s Wi-Fi only works when it’s close to the router?
1. Run Network Adaptor Troubleshooter
- Press the Start button, input the Control Panel, and launch it.
- Click on Troubleshooting.
- Select View All.
- Click Network Adaptor, and the instructions that follow are easy to understand.
2. Reset your router
- Locate the Reset button at the back of the router.
- Press and hold the button for about 10 seconds till the SYS led starts flashing rapidly, then release the button.
3. Uninstall and reinstall the network driver
- Right-click on the Start button
- Open Device Manager and navigate to Network adapters.
- Right-click on the Wi-Fi device and click the Uninstall device option.
- Restart your PC.
4. Update the network driver
- Right-click on the Start button and open Device Manager.
- Locate and expand Network Adapters.
- Right-click on Network adapters and click Update driver software.
- Select Search automatically for drivers.
At the end of the process, restart your PC and try connecting, this time from a distance.
After the re-installation, the system should restore the missing network adapter automatically. Hence, this should fix your laptop Wi-Fi only works when close to the router issue.
Alternatively, you can download all the updates for your device rather than downloading them individually using a DriverFix.
However considering you have already purchased Restoro and would like us to assist you in doing that utilizing a remote session, please contact our support and they will be happy to help you.
- Email: email@example.com