How to Add a PIN to Your Account in Windows 10
- Open “Settings” app, select on “Accounts” icon.
- Select on “Sign-in options” on the left side.
- Look for PIN. Click on “Add”.
- If prompted to verify your account password, enter your local account password or Microsoft account password and click/tap on “OK”.
- After entering your password to confirm your identity, enter the numbers in a dialog box. **The minimum length is four digits (0–9 only; no letters or special characters allowed), but your PIN can be as long as you want. If you need to check what you’ve set at this point then select the icon to the right side of the dialog box. This will briefly reveal the number you’ve entered.
- The only criteria for choosing a PIN is that it must be at least four digits long. There are no limitations on maximum length or complexity. Here are some considerations before you choose a PIN:
- Using more digits will make the PIN harder to guess but make sure you can enter the PIN quickly and accurately, otherwise there’s little benefit over just using a password.
- Using a simple PIN (0000, 0123, 1111, and so on) will make it very easy to guess; choose random numbers.
- Reusing PINs from your bank accounts or credit card number should be avoided. Also, avoid using the same PIN on different devices.
If you encounter some difficulties following the steps above, considering you have already purchased Restoro or you are someone who is in need of assistance on your computer, please contact our support and they will be more than happy to assist you.