How to resolve MS Outlook Error 0x8004010F "Outlook Data File cannot be Accessed"
MS Outlook users frequently get different kinds of errors due to reasons like PST file corruption, relocation of the PST file, Outlook profile corruption, PST corruption, etc. And a very common error encounter by all Outlook users is error 0x8004010F.
The 0x8004010F error occurs in Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013 versions due to the corruption of Outlook profile. It stops the application from sending or receiving email messages. Whenever the user tries to send or receive an email, Outlook will give the following error:
0x8004010F: Outlook Data File cannot be accessed.
0x8004010F: The operation failed. An object could not be found.
How to fix the Outlook error 0x8004010F?
The solution to fix Outlook error is to identify the location of the default Outlook data file (PST) and then create a new user profile to make it the default profile. Here is the complete process:
- Locate the Outlook Data File (PST)
- Start the Outlook application. Click File > Account Settings> Account Settings.
- In Account Settings, go to the Data Files tab and note the name and location of the default Outlook data file (the default data file always have a checkmark before it). Click Close.
- Create a new profile in Outlook
When you create a new Outlook profile using IMAP/POP3 account, you can do it manually or use the auto account setup. Both the ways are given here:
Use auto account set up to create an Outlook profile
- Go to Control Panel. Then click Mail. It will open the Mail Setup – Outlook window.
- In Mail Setup – Outlook window, click the Show Profiles button.
- In the Mail dialogue box, click Add.
- Input a new Profile Namein the New Profile window. Then click OK.
- Input your user credentials in the Add Account window and click Next. The account is created.
- Set the new Outlook profile as the default
To make the newly created Outlook profile as the default profile, follow the steps:
- Go to Control panel and click Mail.
- Now click on Show Profiles in the Mail Setup – Outlook.
- Then in the Mail window select the newly created profile, click Properties.
- In the Mail Setup windows, click on Email Accounts.
- In the Account Settings window, go to Data File and click Set as Default. Click Close.
Now the new Outlook data file is created, and it will work without any issues.
If you encounter some difficulties following the steps above, considering you have already purchased Restoro or you are someone who is in need of assistance on your computer, please contact our support and they will be more than happy to assist you.