How can I deal with my webcam’s black screen problems
1. Download the latest driver from your webcam manufacturer
- Go on your manufacturer’s website and look for a driver to your webcam that is compatible with the version of Windows that you installed.
- If a new version of drivers for Windows 10 is available you will need to uninstall the current drivers you use and install the new drivers from the website.
In most cases downloading the driver directly from the manufacturer should fix the problem, so be sure to try it.
2. Update your webcam driver
- In the search box, write Device Manager
- If you are prompted by a user account controls window you will need to left click or tap on the Yes button to allow it to make changes in this window.
- On the left side panel, you will need to expand the Imaging devices group.
- Locate your camera, right-click it, and choose Update Driver
- Click on Browse my computer for driver software
- Left-click on the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Left-click on the USB Video device.
- Left-click on the Next button you have on the lower side of the window.
- From here you need to follow the instructions you have on the screen and finish the driver update of your webcam in Windows 10.
- After the update is finished you need to reboot your Windows 10 device.
After updating the driver, check if the problem is resolved.
3. Update your recording application
- Uninstall the application you are trying to use the webcam from in Windows 10.
- Go on Microsoft Store and look for the latest version of the application compatible with Windows 10.
- Download and install the latest application.
- Reboot your Windows 10 device after the installation is completed.
4. Remove your laptop battery
If your webcam shows a black screen, you might be able to fix this problem simply by turning off your laptop and removing its battery.
Disconnect your laptop from the power outlet and remove its battery.
Now press and hold the power button for 30 seconds or more. You might have to repeat this process a couple of times in order for this solution to work.
5. Make sure that your camera is compatible with your PC
If your webcam shows black screen, the problem might be a compatibility issue. Some older webcams might not be fully compatible with Windows 10, and that can cause this issue to appear.
To check if the compatibility is the issue, we advise you to try your webcam on a different Windows 10 PC and see if the issue reappears.
If the issue manifests on another PC, the camera might not be fully compatible with Windows 10, and your only solution is to replace it.
However considering you have already purchased Restoro and would like us to assist you in doing that utilizing a remote session, please contact our support and they will be happy to help you.
- Email: email@example.com