External Hard Drive Access Denied Error
When your external hard drive, USB drive or SD card etc storage devices become inaccessible, don't rush to format them in case of losing data unexpectedly. You still have a chance to fix and repair them with below quick fixes:
1. Run Error Checking tool to resolve 'Access Denied' error on the external hard drive
- Connect the inaccessible external hard drive with Windows 10/8/7 PC;
- Open This PC/My Computer > Right-click on inaccessible external hard drive > Select Properties;
- Click Tools > Click Check/Check Now.
- Wait for the error checking process complete, there you shall be able to view saved data on your external hard drive by then.
2. Gain permission to access the external hard drive with 'Access Denied' issue
Connect your inaccessible external hard drive to Windows 10/8 or 7 PCs and then follow below guidelines to get access to your drive now:
For Windows 10/8 users:
1. Open This PC > Right-click inaccessible external hard drive > Select Properties.
2. Go to Security > Click Advanced > Owner
3. Click on Edit > Click your username under Group or username.
4. Check all boxes under Allow column > OK > Apply;
For Windows 7 users:
1. Right-click on the inaccessible hard drive > Click Properties.
2. Go to Security > Click Advanced > Click Edit by going to the Owner tab.
3. Click your name under Group or username to modify the ownership of the desired account.
This would show you the permissions you have to access the inaccessible external hard drive by then.
If you encounter some difficulties following the steps above, considering you have already purchased Restoro or you are someone who is in need of assistance on your computer, please contact our support and they will be more than happy to assist you.