How to Fix Laptop Black Screen Issue
You pressed the power button on your laptop to open it. You could hear your laptop fan spinning. And the indicator lights were flashing as usual. Then you were waiting for something popping up on your laptop screen. But after a while, you found a horrible fact: there was nothing shown on the display — your laptop screen was black!
There have been many laptop users seeing their laptop screen become black. In many cases, their laptop screen shows totally nothing, while for some the mouse cursor (only) is still visible.
Try these one at a time:
Restart the explorer.exe process
1) Press the Ctrl, Shift and Esc key on your keyboard at the same time. This will open Task Manager.
2) Click the Details tab (or the Processes tab in Windows 7’s Task Manager) and see if there exists a process called “explorer.exe“
If there is, try ending the process (right-clicking it and selecting End task or End process) and then reboot your computer. Then check to see if this fixes your problem.
But if you can’t see the explorer process, you can run it on your own:
i. Click File and click Run new task.ii. In the Create new task dialog that pops up, type “explorer.exe” and press Enter on your keyboard.
iii. The process will run and you can see if your desktop becomes normal.
3) If the steps above bring your desktop back, you may need to restore your system to a previous state in order to prevent your issue from occurring again.
- Enter safe mode and undo recent changes
Hard reset your laptop
Hard resetting your laptop can clear all the information in your memory and the charges in your laptop. This is helpful for restoring your laptop screen. To hard reset your laptop:
1) Turn off your laptop.
2) Disconnect all the peripheral devices on your laptop.
3) Remove the battery. (If it is not removable, skip this step.)
4) Disconnect the power cable from your laptop.
5) Press and hold the power button on your laptop for about one minute.
6) Connect the power cable to your laptop and turn it on.
7) Turn off your laptop.
8) Connect the battery to your laptop and turn it on.
9) If this method works for you, you will see there starts to be something showing up on your laptop screen.
Note that this method may not be able to hard reset laptops of all makes. You can consult the official guides for your laptop for the proper way of hard resetting your device.
Should the above instructions did not resolve the issue, please don't hesitate to contact us so we can further assist you. You can always reach us out through our support channels below: