How to resolve the error "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."
Check the permission of the file or folder (Note: Make sure you are an Administrator.)
Permissions are rules associated with files that determine if you can access the file and what you can do with it. To check the permission of the file or folder, follow these steps:
- Right-click the file or folder, and then select Properties.
- Select the Security tab.
- Under Group or User names, click your name to see the permissions you have.
- Select Edit, and then select to check the checkboxes for the permissions that you need, and then select OK.
In some cases, the file may be blocked by Windows. Check the properties of the file, there may be a note saying This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer to check for and unblock the file, follow these steps:
- Right-click the blocked file and then select Properties.
- In the General tab, select Unblock if the option is available.
If you encounter some difficulties along the way, considering you have already purchased Restoro or you are someone who is in need of assistance on your computer, please contact our support and they will be happy to help you.