Copy-Paste not Working on Windows 10/1
1. Make sure that your Windows 10 is up to date
2. Run Check Disk utility
- Go to This PC and right-click your hard drive
- Choose Properties from the menu
- When Properties Window opens, go to the Tools tab and click the Check button under the Error checking section to check your hard drive for errors
- In addition, you can run Check Disk from Command Prompt
- Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu.
- Select Command Prompt (Admin) or Powershell (Admin) from the list
- When Command Prompt opens, enter chkdsk X: /f command. Be sure to replace the X with the letter of your system drive. By default, that should be C
- You’ll be asked to schedule a scan. Press Y to do that
3. Disable Send to Bluetooth add-on
This addon is usually associated with Microsoft Office and you can find in Office software under the Add-on section. You might have to check every installed Office tool for Send to Bluetooth add-on and disable it from each tool.
After disabling this add-on from every Office tool copy/paste functions should be working normally.
4. Run the rdpclip.exe
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to start Task Manager.
- When Task Manager opens, go to the Details tab and
- Right-click rdpclicp.exe process.
- Choose End task from the menu.
Now you need to go to the Windows/system32 folder. There you should find rdpclip.exe. Just run it and see if the issue is resolved.
This program should start automatically but if it doesn’t, you’ll have to run it manually every time you start Windows 10. In addition, you can add it to the Startup folder, and it will start every time your Windows 10 starts.
5. Remove Skype Click to Call
According to users, copy-paste feature might not work on your PC due to Skype Click to Call plugin. This is a simple browser plugin that allows you to make Skype calls by clicking a phone number in your browser.
To fix the problem, it’s advised to remove this addon from your browser. Once the addon is removed, you should be able to copy and paste without any issues.
If you’re unable to uninstall Skype Click to Call, follow our step-by-step guide and you will fix the problem in no time.
6. Create a new user account
- Open the Settings app and go to the Accounts section.
- In the left pane, go to Family & other people.
- In the right pane, select Add someone else to this PC.
- Choose I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
- Select Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Now enter the desired user name and click Next.
Once you create a new account, switch to it and check if the problem appears. If the issue doesn’t appear, you’ll need to move your personal files to the new account and start using the new account instead of your old one.
However considering you have already purchased Restoro and would like us to assist you in doing that utilizing a remote session, please contact our support and they will be happy to help you.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org