Missing Wireless Network Adapter
- Hold down the Windows key and press x (menu should come up)
- Click Device Manager
- Expand network adapters from the list
- Double click on the wifi network adapter
- Click on Power Management Tab
- Click off the tab that allows the wifi to be turned off with low battery
- Click on the driver's tab and enable the device.
If still the same,
1. Open Network and Sharing Center (click the Start button, type Network and Sharing in the Start Search box, and press Enter)
2. Click the Change adapter settings link in the upper left of the navigation pane.
3. Right-click the network connection you want to enable/disable power management support on and click Properties.
4. Click Configure.
5. On the Power Management tab, check or clear the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power checkbox.
- When checked, power management is enabled on the network adapter.
- When cleared, power management is disabled on the network adapter.
6. You can enable Wake on LAN for all wake methods or just enable magic packet WoL:
To enable Wake on LAN for all methods, check the Allow this device to wake the computer checkbox.
To enable Wake on LAN for magic packet only, check the Allow this device to wake the computer checkbox and then check Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer check box.
7. Click OK.
If you encounter some difficulties following the steps above, considering you have already purchased Restoro or you are someone who is in need of assistance on your computer, please contact our support and they will be more than happy to assist you.