How to fix vertical or horizontal lines messing up the screen
Why do horizontal lines appear on my laptop screen?
Many users reported green lines on Windows laptops, and this issue is frequently caused by your drivers, so make sure you update them frequently.
This is a common problem, and horizontal lines on laptop screens have been reported on both Lenovo and Acer devices.
Distorted display problems on Windows aren’t anything new, and hopefully, this guide should help you fix that once and for all.
How can I fix the vertical lines on my PC monitor?
1. Check your screen resolution display settings
- Right-click Start, and select Control Panel.
- Navigate to Appearance and Personalization.
- Click Adjust screen resolution.
- Go to Resolution and click the drop down arrow.
- The resolution marked Recommended is the one suitable for your laptop screen’s native resolution (the highest your monitor can support)
- You can set brightness and contrast from monitor controls.
For a laptop screen, these are adjusted within Windows under Power Options:
- Right-click Start and select Control Panel.
- Go to the top right corner and change View by option to Large icons.
- Click Power Options.
Didn’t work? Try the next solution.
2. Update your graphics driver
- Right-click Start button, and select Device Manager.
- Check for graphics or video card drivers with either a yellow exclamation mark/ question mark/ down-arrow mark/ error notification.
- If the driver has a yellow exclamation mark on it, double-click on it.
- Open Properties.
- Under Drivers tab, choose Update Driver.
- Restart your PC.
Note: You may need to know the name of your video card, for instance, if it is NVIDIA, AMD, or Intel because then you’d have to download directly from the website of either of these.
Keeping your drivers updated is crucial if you want to achieve maximum performance. You can update them manually, by following the steps we mentioned above. Alternatively, you can opt for an easier solution and use third-party software.
If you encounter some difficulties along the way, considering you have already purchased Restoro or you are someone who is in need of assistance on your computer, please contact our support and they will be happy to help you.